Monday, August 29, 2016

Reading Notes: PDE Ramayana Part A


  • I did not know that Rama was an avatar of Vishnu and Sita was an avatar for Lakshmi which is why they're fated to be together.  Cute love story.
  • Since Vishnu is all four sons of Dasharatha how does that work?  Are they all different aspects of his personalities?
  • I cannot believe that one of the wives had 60,000 sons.  She would have had to be continuously pregnant for 45,000 years!  That's longer than Ayodhya's reign.
  • I'm really distressed by the fact that all of her sons died.  Not only was she pregnant for 45,000 years but also none of them lived for very long considering everything.  They did eventually get to heaven but they still all died.  I would really like to know her point of view.
  • I find the emphasis on Rama very interesting considering all the sons of Dasharatha are avatars of Vishnu.  I want to know more about the other sons.
  • Since all four sons of Dasharatha are Vishnu are all of Sita's sisters Lakshmi as well?
  • Not condemning Rama since I might have the same instinctual reaction as well, but I'm wondering why he blamed and decided to reject Bharata?  He didn't ask for his mother to try and raise him to heir apparent.  He didn't even know this was happening.  Everybody begins blaming him as well as his mother too though even though he was just a victim of his circumstances like Rama.
  • The story of the reason of Dasharatha's death really saddened me.  What a tragic mistake.  I can understand why the father blamed Dasharatha but it really wasn't his fault either.
  • Honestly I'm not sure why Dasharatha decided to honor Kaikeyi's request.  I mean she would have killed herself but is it worth exiling your oldest son?  I don't think anyone would have judged him for saying no to that.
Four sons of Dasharatha.  Web Source.
Bibliography:  Public Domain Ramayana.  Web Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment