Monday, October 17, 2016

Reading Note: Epified Krishna Part A


  • I love the music and drawing style for these even better than the Mahabharata ones actually.  I really like the way the music matches the mood and seems more integrated with the story than the other ones.  I also like the way each picture is framed and is more a snapshot of one particular story.
  • I hadn't really thought much about Krishna in the Mahabharata but I really like learning more about his past!  I had no idea he went through so much in the beginning of his life
  • The part when Maya turns out to be Durka (sp?) was so great!  Especially when she chastised him for thinking that women were weak.  You go girl!
  • The way he killed the first demoness was so strange, haha.  Also the way she decided to kill him was a little strange too.  She couldn't just have dashed his head against a rock?
  • How does Kunce (sp?) have access to all these weird monsters?  What did he have to do to get control of all of them?
  • I hope Krishna's birth parents are eventually freed!  It's so sad that all of their children except for him died and that they have to be locked up for so long.
  • Seeing the universe in your son must have been terrifying.  I'm glad she was able to make it out of that without becoming insane.
  • So glad that his friends didn't die permanently because of the snake!  This is why kids shouldn't play in the forest, haha.
  • I wonder why he wanted them to worship that hill specifically?  I mean it was a nice demonstration of his power later but why?
  • Radha sounds like a great person.  Krishna better treat her nice.
  • I can't believe all of this happened already and he still hasn't met the Pandavas!  He led an exciting life.
Vasudeva escaping with Krishna.  Web Source.
Bibliography:  Epified Krishna.  Web Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment