Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Reading Notes: PDE Ramayana Part D


  • I thought it was strange that they mentioned how Rama was afraid of the rakshasa's magic.  Hasn't he already fought many of them before?
  • I love how Hanuman just took the entire mountain with him when one of them asked for herbs.  Very efficient.
  • I was almost sad when Indrajit died.  Something about how Ravana still wept and loved his son so much really reminded me how human he was too.  He wasn't just an evil demon who cared for no one.
  • The death of Ravana seemed to me to be very anti-climactic.  Rama just shot him with a divine weapon after a long battle.  The stories almost seemed to just gloss over it.\
  • Again, Mandodari's reaction to Ravana's death humanized them to me.  She at least truly loved him and saw him as a good and strong husband.
  • I can't believe Rama made Sita prove her purity to him.  You went through all of that to get her back and now you're thinking maybe she isn't pure any more?  What was the point then?
  • The reunion of Bharata and Rama made me very happy.  I'm glad both of them got what they wanted and were so delighted to see each other.
  • Rama made me so angry when he decided to exile Sita because of his subjects' gossip.  Really?
  • He even had the nerve to be so sad when she left and he was left alone without her.  You were willingly without her for 16 years.
  • What happens to Rama's sons?  I feel like they should have their own adventures too.  Do they have their own legends and epics?
  • His death at the end was very peaceful and kind I felt.  After all of his adventures, I thought it was a good end to his story.
Sita departs.  Web Source.
Bibliography:  Public Domain Ramayana.  Web Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment